Tuesday 28 August 2012

Shop Log: I Am Telling The Truth!

Shop's Log.  Halifax NS.  August 28th, Tuesday, 19:01.  Weather: Light rain, 20℃.


A man came and bought a few things for a gift.  He wanted them gift-wrapped.  We don't normally do gift-wrapping but it so happened that we had some extra wrapping paper, which I showed him.  I was hoping he'd just take the paper home. I was getting a little nervous...sending telepathic SOS signals to my wife.  Well, he liked the paper and...horrors! ...he asked me to wrap it for him!  Ugh!

See, I am a man with 10 thumbs.  I can't fold, cut, draw, write...let alone wrap...anything straight.  I am the crooked man!  And he asked me to wrap the box for him.  So, I generously offered to provide the tape and scissors and allow him to wrap it any way he wanted.  And, I told him in all honesty: I couldn't wrap anything worth jack.  He insisted he was worse than I was.  He insisted that I did the honours.  You asked for it, you got it!

Five excruciating minutes later, seeing my botched up collage-around-the-box of sorts, he finally realized that I had been telling the truth.  (He had thought I was just being humble!)  His birthday gift was beginning to look more like something from the waste basket.  So, he had to insist on doing the wrapping.  He was pretty good at it too!  Done in two minutes.

So did I say, "I told you so..."?  Of course not!  I am bigger than that.  he! he!




No comments:

Post a Comment