Monday 5 May 2014

Airports - Halifax and Toronto

I made a trip to Toronto last weekend. I got a fresh look at the already familiar airports. So here's just a bunch of images...

There is now a hotel connected to the Halifax Airport.  It is an alt Hotel (a chain brand). I don't know what the name is supposed to stand for. It does remind me of the old Usenet newsgroup hierarchy....  I think it opened last year.  Though I probably wouldn't need to use it, it is good to finally have an airport hotel in Halifax.


Early morning at the airport! Yawn. ;-o


They have new seating fixtures at the waiting lounge! Adirondacks...


...and rocking chairs! Very homey.


Everyone is relaxed in the Maritimes. :-)


And Toronto airport?  Same busy place.


"I Dream I Could Fly" (2003) by Jonathan Borofsky (USA). 


"Flight Song" (2001-2003) by Robert Charles Coyle (Canada).


If you string up these carts and make them float up in the air somehow, they might be considered as a work of art too. :-) 


Next stop...downtown Toronto!

Source for Toronto Pearson International Airport artwork identification: Art, Architecture and the Airport: The Visual and the Visionary

No comments:

Post a Comment