Saturday 10 May 2014

Kensington Market

From Chinatown, walk further west and you hit Spadina Avenue.


Cross Spadina and somehow Chinatown begins to fade. That's the CN Tower yonder! :-)


One block further and you're in Kensington Market.  A completely different world!


Gone are the exotic Oriental foods.  How about some fashionable beanies, hats and bandannas?


Kensington Market feels like a hippy haven. The place is quite laid back and unpretentious.


Two words come up prominently to mind here: graffiti (the good kind!) and bicycles.


Look at this house! :-)


...and this wall!


The Kensington Market bike rack. Can you make out the letters?


Scooters are cool too.  


This place makes me want to shoot in black-and-white too!  The finger is pointing at a man playing a drum. :-)


Fiddler on the sidewalk.


Time for a snack.  Many coffee shops around.  It's really a great place for people watching!  We chose a cafe called "Fika"...which I learned meant "to have coffee" in Swedish.  


...and that's my snack and Swedish coffee...in a French mug!  I could spend the whole afternoon just lazing and fika-ing here. :-)


This is getting to be a long post.  So I'll end with one tip.  That's the Art Gallery of Ontario on Dundas St. West.


No, I am not the gallery-and-museum type...and I am not going to tell you about this-or-that exhibit.  What you should know: This place has clean public washrooms in the basement.  ...and the museum shop is quite cool too.  :-)


And this concludes my "Toronto" series.

No comments:

Post a Comment