Friday 7 June 2013

Ottawa Airport

So I hopped on a plane and went to Ottawa...a little over an hour's flight from Halifax.

Bet you didn't know that the emergency exit door on the little Air Canada Jazz Bombardier jet weighed only 19 kg...and that when you open it, you actually throw the door away! :-)

The Ottawa MacDonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW) is about par for the course for airports of big cities.  Spacious, clean...free wi-fi and all that.

There's a lot of soothing water in the environment.


...and welcoming inukshuks telling me I was on the right path.  There was actually a beautiful inukshuk placed standing above a flowing pool of water...but I couldn't take a good picture because the angles were all wrong from where I stood.

Oh, and if you left your iPad at home...there's a vending machine for that. :-)

Postscript: I loved these green couches.  Perfect snuggle spot for you and your laptop...complete with power outlet for your convenience!  And if you care to look up from your screen once in a while, you get treated to a wide view of the runway!


No comments:

Post a Comment