Sunday 23 June 2013

Downtown Halifax Sunday

I decided not to stay at home this Sunday.  Started the day (er, midday to be exact...) with a bowl of ramen at B-Well Sushi on Quinpool.  The roast pork was to die for...juicy and tender. I'm going to have to ask them if I can buy just the pork...

Then off to downtown.  As usual, many interesting buildings to see.  Who put these kitschy pictures on the windows?  At least the building looked less abandoned now...

Freemasons' Hall.

Next, to the waterfront.  I saw at least one cruise ship docked.   The place was hopping!  

Business was brisk.  So how could I funnel all these people into our shop on Quinpool?  Ideas, anyone?

The sign (not in photo) said: "Do not climb."  Yeah right... Put a wave like that out there... of course kids would surf it!

Thick rope for big ships...

This is the bow of the HMCS Sackville, a Canadian Navy corvette that saw action in the Second World War.

Now, it is a museum ship moored opposite the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic.

And of course, the waterfront wouldn't be complete without Theodore Tugboat!

I had a creepy feeling some thing was watching me... he! he!

I finished off the afternoon with a trip to Kee Heong Cantonese Bakery on Granville Street, right next to Sushi Shige (another favourite!)  

It's like a tiny slice of Hong Kong in downtown Halifax...egg tarts, BBQ pork buns and all. 

I had a pork floss bun.  I wouldn't expect most of you to know what it is...  But that sure hit the spot!  I just wished there was more pork floss on it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment