Sunday 11 August 2013

Herring Cove Sunday

Again, thanks to our friend, Patti's recommendation, we made our way to Pavia in Herring Cove.

It's a cozy cafe cum gallery.  Bright and airy.  A very pristine and minimalist white interior.  Give me a good book and I could sit here all day!

Artwork on the walls and in a small room in the back.

The food is Italian-inspired...panini, dolce and espresso!  There was ice cream too from Dee Dee's & Scotsburn.  The children liked what they had well enough but I had been secretly hoping for gelato! :-)

Food was delicious. The breakfast panino...ham, egg, and cheese all sourced in Atlantic Canada....plus a side of seasonal fruit.

Belgian waffles.  On the side were whipped cream, maple syrup and apple compote (that was the one to die for!)  Waffles served weekends only.

I ate the All' Amantea. Described as "a true taste of Italy."  Well, I've never been to Italy so I might as well take a food trip! Prosciutto ham, mozzarella and olives. The bread was toasted crispy. The prosciutto, nice and smelly...in an appetizing way!

And of course, the espresso.  I do love my espresso neat.  No sugar, no nothing!  The owner told me the beans for their espresso came directly from Florence.  It was very good indeed.

Oh yes, our little friend joined us.  Have you met Yan-Pea, the yarn peanut? :-)  Yan-Pea is a family "pet project" of ours.  Click here to follow his adventures.  (Like the page on facebook too... Please?)

After that wonderful meal, we visited the York Redoubt--a centuries old military fortification that defended the entrance to the Halifax Harbour.

The children had fun with the cannons! BOOM! :-D

Then, we finished off the afternoon by sitting on the rocks and listening to the Atlantic Ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment